Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Bad Investment

A Bad Investment
I need to write a little more about my opposition to the Rolling Stones concert because I don't want people thinking it's selfish of me. The last time someone who stole my work came to town, she had the whole town hating my guts to clear the way for her show. Did you all think she came here to see you? No, she came here to spite me.

I know that people like the money generated by these events: Nasco workers, radio stations, and concert promoters. As for the rest of us, don't we pay money for these events?

Let's talk about their longevity. How long have they been on tour? Fifty years? Mick was ten years younger than I am now when he was partying with Andy Warhol at Studio 54 in the 1970's. Why do they need to keep going after all the other bands from that time have retired with dignity? And who has been blocked from the stage by their stubborn presence over at least the last six years?

They have had time to put a lot of timeless classics on the radio. Now everyone can not only love them when they hear their songs, they can hate me! Thanks!

Let's look at their creativity. They are effective when they join together as a group, but they fail when they split up and attempt individual careers; they lose their chemistry. I don't have that problem.

I know that most of my readers are decent, hard working people, so I don't let the jibes I receive from the surly losers I pass in the street here affect me. I know that people tire of hearing old songs over and over, so I know I still have a future in music. And I can thank the Rolling Stones for one thing: they make me look young!
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment